The 50-fact video seen on today’s Nintendo Direct version of Super Smash Wii U turned out to be more than that, and includes even some surprises, and lots of features which will make this title a must-have one. If you have about 35 minutes to spare and are a Smash fan, then this is a must-see video for you.
01. Default Fighter Line-Up: Over 40 fighters available from the start, more than on the 3DS version. Same movesets as in the 3DS version
02. Resolution: The Wii U version features HD 1900×1080 vs the 3DS ‘s 400×240.
03. Up to 8-player smash: available on specific stages
04. Bigger Stages: Like Palutena’s Temple, Temple (LoZ), Big Battlefield
05. Danger Zone: The Great Cave Underground. Inflict more damage.
06. Dual-Plane Battle: 2 planes – foreground and background. Exciting!
07. Number of stages: More stages in Wii U version.. Structures are different than on 3DS.
08. Miiverse Stage: Messages posted on social network appear in background
09.Palutena’s Guidance: Comments from Palutena while you play as Pit
10. Metal Face: A character from Xenoblades Chronicles appears on Gaur Plains.
11. Ridley (from Metroid) will appear in the game but won’t be playable. Meta Ridley, too.
12. Coin Battles: Collect the most coins to win.
13. Stamina Battles: When your HP goes down to 0, you lose
14. Special Smash: Play a match the way you want it. Customize you character’s abilities and features.
15. Item Frequency: Adjust the frequency of items
16. My Music: Choose the songs to listen to during fights. Select how often or rarely you want to listen to the songs.
17: Menu Music: Change the basic menu music too.
18. Tons of music: A lot more songs on the Wii U version. Almost all the Nintendo 3DS songs are included.
19. Composers: A lot more on Wii U version.
20. CDs: CDs in the game is just one way to collect music.
21. Challenges: Lots of challenges to accomplish.
22. Classic mode: Survival match, even with two players (different that the 3DS version).
23. Completing Classic mode lets you see a movie of your character.
24. All-Star Mode: with limited healing items; in reverse order
25. Event mode: Clear Themed battles.
26. Smash Tour: It is the Wii U version of Smash Run on the 3DS. A smash board game. Up to 4 players. Goal is to collect fighters while advancing your character on the board.
27. Target Blast: Three types of stages. Launch bombs.
28. Group Stadium: Play with others in the Stadium. 2-player co-op mode.
29. Special Orders: Master Hand and Crazy Hand give you unique challenges to complete. Crazy Order requires gold or special passes to play.
30. Master Fortress: A big stage, a dungeon, to conquer.
31. Controllers: Many ways to play the game. GameCube controller, Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller. Customize controllers to play.
32. GameCube Controller Adapter: Plug the adapter into a USB port to use GC controllers.
33. Using the Nintendo 3DS as a controller:
34. Connecting to Nintendo 3DS: Carry your fighters to the Wii U version.
35. Tons of trophies: Yeah! And most trophies on Wii U version come from home console games. More trophies than on 3DS version.
36. Final Smash Trophies: These trophies look awesome.
37. Trophy Box: All the trophies, separated by themes.
38. Photo Studio: Take cool photos by arranging characters in many different ways.
39. Trophy Rush: Collect trophies, even with 2 players at once.
40. Masterpieces: Play lots of timed demos of retro titles.
41. Amiibo: Take charge of your amiibo characters by leveling them up. More amiibo figures will be released after launch.
42. Internet connection: The Wii LAN Adapter will work with the Wii U.
43. Automatic Notifications: Get notifications.
44. Friends and tags: Play with someone else next to you in online modes.
45. Tourneys: A mode that will let you host your own tournaments. Sweet!!!
46. Tournaments: For up to 64 players.
47. Wii U Game Pad: See on the GamePad what you see on your TV. Also, the GamePad will show character damage info.
48. Paint: Take a screenshot of your gameplay when you pause the game. The Wii U GamePad will let you decorate your photo as well. You will also be able to share these pics online.
49. Voice Chat: Talk with friends using the Wii U Game Pad using the microphone, before or after a match, (but not during one).
50. Stage Builder: Create your own stages!
51. Sharing: The company is working on letting players share pictures, replays, Mii fighters, and custom stages with friends, online.
??. Others: features shared by both versions – For Glory Battles, For Fun Battles, Battling with Friends, Conquest, Spectate, World Stats, Replay (and Replay Channel), Buttons, and more, plus, Bowser Jr. revealed!!!
52. Movies: “Joins the Battle” movies for new fighters.
53. Sound Test: People who purchase the 3DS and Wii U versions of SSB and register both titles on Club Nintendo will receive the soundtrack. Must be done before January 13, 2015.
54. Special Announcement: MewTwo is on the way! A DLC bonus for purchasers of both versions… a free download. Still in development. Scheduled for Spring 2015.