Sony Pictures to release ‘The Interview’ on Dec. 25 despite threats | Sony Pictures estrenará ‘The Interview’ el 25 de diciembre a pesar de las amenazas

Obama / Kim Jong-Un / The Interview  / Sony Pictures
Obama / Kim Jong-Un / The Interview / Sony Pictures

[EN]: The removal of The Interview from major cinema theater chains is not enough to bring an end to the release of the controverisal comedy film. After the hack to Sony Pictures’ computer network and the threats from the hackers themselves, major movie theaters chains decided not to show the film. The outcome caused Sony to withdraw the premiere of the film entirely. However, a few small, independant cinema chains have decided to launch the film anyway, with Sony Pictures’ blessing.

Two small cinema chains in Austin and Atlanta mentioned the  upcoming showing of the film: The Alamo Drafthouse and Plaza Atlanta. One tweeted:

Seth Rogen, one of the main actors in the film, also tweeted about Sony’s latest decision.

Michael Lynton, CEO of Sony Entertainment, said: “We have never given up. We are continuing our efforts to secure more platforms and more theaters so that this movie reaches the largest possible audience.” So far, over 200 cinemas have secured the film’s showing.

President Obama had previously said the company’s initial decision to remove the film was “a mistake,” but the White House complemented Sony’s reversal today.

[ES]: La eliminación de The Interview de las principales cadenas de salas de cine no es suficiente para acabar con el lanzamiento de la película cómica controverisal . Tras el hackeo a la red informática de Sony Pictures y las amenazas por parte de los propios piratas cibernéticos, las principales cadenas de cines decidieron no mostrar la película. El resultado causó que Sony retirara el estreno de la película en su totalidad. Sin embargo, unos pocas cadenas de cines independientes pequeñas han decidido poner en marcha la película de todos modos, con el permiso de Sony Pictures.

Dos pequeñas cadenas de cines en Austin y Atlanta mencionaron el próximo estreno de la película: The Alamo Drafthouse y Plaza Atlanta. Uno tuiteó:

Seth Rogen, uno de los actores principales en el film, también tuiteó acerca de la decisión más reciente de Sony.

Michael Lynton, el presidente de Sony Entertainment, dijo: “Nunca nos hemos rendido. Continuamos nuestros esfuerzos para asegurar más plataformas y más cines para que esta película llegue a la mayor audiencia posible”.

Hasta el momento, más de 200 salas de cine han asegurado que muestra de la película.

El presidente Obama había dicho previamente que la decisión inicial de la empresa por retirar la película fue “un error”, pero la Casa Blanca complementado el cambio de rumbo de Sony hoy.

[Sources/Fuentes]: Yahoo! News: Sony to release ‘Interview’ after hack attack; The Verge: Where to see The Interview on Christmas Day.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s