In today’s presentation, Microsoft went all out showing the main upcoming services and features people can expect in Windows 10 and beyond. The new Microsoft has shown it is adapting to various frameworks of programming and facilitating the process of porting Android and iOS apps to Windows. Here’s a brief of what happened during Build 2015. MS also deserves some bonus points for including women and minorities in its presentation.
Also, Windows 10 Technical Preview, built 10074 is now available for download.
- Primera vez en Linux and Mac OSX. Preview versions available
- .NET Core RC available on Windows
Visual Studio Code
- A code editor now available on Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Makes developing software easier with support of various platforms and languages
- It supports various programming languages
- VSC was made with Chromium, the open-source version of Google Chrome
- It helps companies with better management of resources.
- More service availability than Amazon and other rival service combined
Office Graph API
- Cross-platforms Add-ins that even work with mobile devices
- Developers can easily port their iOS and Android apps to Windows 10’s Windows Store (Universal Windows Platform).
- Also, web apps, .Net and Win32 software will be available via the Store
- Universal Windows apps running on PCs. Apps notify users even when apps are closed.
- Previously known as Project Spartan
- It includes built-in features such as Cortana, note-taking.
- It will support extensions from Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Windows 10 Continuum for Phones
- According to Microsoft, Windows 10 smartphones can work as a full computer
- With Continuum, users can connect their mobile devices to a PC via a HDMI cable to see their apps on the PC
- Windows 10 native Apps will work anywhere on users’ homes with HoloLens
- It looks great as a weather app
- Microsoft Edge tabs appear virtually on a home’s walls
- It’s so easy to watch and resize a video player
- Even a holographic dog made its presence
- Support for NASA, JPL, Unity, Disney, AutoDesk, and others
- Excellent technology for use at work (medical, engineering), school and home
In case you missed it, you can watch the entire keynote here:
[Source]: Channel 9: Day One Keynote Presentation.