The last Smash Nintendo Direct brought a great night for fans of Smash after Masahiro Sakurai, the series’ creator, announced that Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin are coming to Smash, among the many news mentioned. The arrival of Bayonetta was surely a surprise for many, though perhaps players outside of Japan may not have expected the arrival of Corrin, the star on Fire Emblem Fates.
- The main character of Fire Emblem Fates (the latest new game in the Fire Emblem franchise and already available in Japan). No release date announced.
- Gamers can get to know the character in February before the launch of Fates.
- Like Wii Fit Trainer and Robin, there is also a male and female version of the character.
- Additional songs for the Wii U; additional trophies for the 3DS
- $4.99 for one, $5.99 for both versions of Smash
- The winner of the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot and last new fighter to Smash
- #1 in Europe, top 5 in North America on voting
- Features her Bayonetta 2 outfit, with original Bayonetta outfit as alternate costume
- Available now.
- Two costumes: the ones from FFVII and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Midgar’s stage
- Chocobo hat
Mii Fighter Costumes:
- The December Mii Fighter Costumes: Chocobo Hat and Geno
- The February Mii Fighter Cosutmes: Ashley, Bionic Armor, Bionic Armor 2, Gil, Knuckles, Tails, Takamaru.
- Ryu, Roy and Famicom Color version R.O.B. are getting their own amiibo on March 18, 2016. Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin are getting their own amiibo though no release date has been announced yet.
In case you missed today’s broadcast:
[Source]: Smash Nintendo Direct: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U – Final Video Presentation.