Activision announced Call of Duty: Black Ops III Awakening will arrive to PS4 on February 2. Awakening is the first DLC coming to the game, featuring “multiplayer maps and a new Zombies experience set in a medieval Austrian castle during World War II.”
“With Awakening, the studio is focused on creating a wide variety of gameplay experiences for our fans in Multiplayer and Zombies that will keep players coming back for more,” said Mark Lamia, Studio Head at Treyarch.
Among the content included in the first DLC, according to Activision:
- Der Eisendrache: The first chapter of Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies DLC. It will take players on an epic journey with the Origin characters Richtofen, Nicolai, Takeo, and Dempsey. Set in an eerie medieval castle built upon an ancient site of unspeakable horror, massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered, delivering inspired new gameplay and – in Zombies tradition – a variety of exciting plot twists and surprises that fans will have the opportunity to discover for themselves.
Also in the DLC, four new multiplayer maps (Gauntlet, Splash, Rise and Skyjacked, a re-imagined version of a fan-favorite Black Ops II multiplayer map).
- Gauntlet: Grounded in a military training facility, Gauntlet plays up the core philosophy of Treyarch’s classic three lane map structure with distinct variety in visuals and gameplay. Each of the three primary lanes has a unique environment as players battle through a sprawling jungle, sub-zero artic zone and rainy urban cityscape.
- Splash: Set in an abandoned water theme park, this vibrant and playful map delivers an imaginative environment complete with waterslides, a wrecked pirate ship, and a lazy river ride that winds through a fantastical forgotten city. Splash is designed to drive an open flow of combat, including plenty of opportunities for underwater gameplay.
- Rise: Set in the snowy outskirts of Zurich, Rise is a Coalescence Corporation construction project for a massive subterranean research campus. The design of the map caters to a mix of classic Call of Duty cover combat alongside strategic core movement opportunities, with each section of the map offering distinctly different styles of gameplay.
- Skyjacked: Set on a security VTOL in the clouds over urban Zurich, Skyjacked is a reimagined version of the popular Call of Duty®: Black Ops II multiplayer map Hijacked, and retains the same fast and frenetic gameplay from one of the most popular maps in Call of Duty® history, but with a twist. Skyjacked gives players the opportunity to explore the map in a variety of new ways thanks to the all-new core movement system in Black Ops III.
Awakening is the first of four DLC Map Packs included in the game’s DLC Season Pass available for $49.99. Each pack will also be available at $15 each. Unfortunately for owners of last-generation consoles, the Awakening DLC will not be available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
[Source]: Activision (via BusinessWire): Call of Duty: Black Ops III Awakening, Coming to PlayStation 4 on February 2.